This is the 8IGHT 4.0 from Team Losi Racing.REVISED SHOCK TOWERS
The shock towers have also been redesigned with new camber link and shock mounting holes that provide more tuning options for evolving track conditions. The result is a buggy that lets drivers of all skill levels turn faster lap times with fewer mistakes, particularly during brutal, hour-long mains.
The story of the 8IGHT platform is the story of a champion - one that encompasses multiple ROAR national titles in addition to major wins on the international stage. The 8IGHT 4.0 buggy builds on this championship-winning heritage with updates to the suspension geometry and drivetrain layout that make it both easier to drive and tougher to beat.
REVISED SUSPENSION GEOMETRY
The adjustable, 15-degree caster blocks make it possible to tune dog bone plunge by changing the height of the spindle.
OPTIMIZED DRIVETRAIN LAYOUT
The engine mount has been repositioned to reduce front driveshaft angle so more power makes it to the front wheels. Molded rubber boots on the universals and center drivetrain dog bones increase U- joint life by holding lubrication in and keeping dirt out.
LARGE-FOOTPRINT ENGINE MOUNT
In addition to its new position, the engine mount has been designed with a larger footprint that substantially reduces chassis flex and fatigue underneath the engine when racing on high-grip tracks.
LARGE BEARING SPINDLES AND HUBS
Front spindles and rear hubs have been revised to accept a larger 8 x 16 x 5 outer bearing for increased durability.
REVISED CHASSIS SIDE GUARDS
The chassis side guards have been updated for a better fit. They also feature indentations for the Velcro body strips.
The chassis has been designed to accommodate hard-mount ballast weights so it is easier to meet the ROAR minimum weight requirement.
CVA AND CENTER DRIVE BOOTS
The CVAs now are protected by rubber boots to further improve durability by keeping grease in and dirt out. Additionally the center front and rear dogbone coupler now includes rubber boots to do the same job.
REVISED THROTTLE ACTUATOR
The revised throttle actuator now uses bearings to further improve throttle and brake response. It also features a new brace that prevents flexing during heavy braking.
BLEEDER SHOCK CAPS
New bleeder shock caps and internal seals allow for easier shock rebuilds while using an emulsion shock set-up. New bushings that press into the shock cap further improve durability.
A myriad of option parts are included which include lightweight 48 tooth spur gear, lightweight out drives, +1mm rear hexes, capped wheel nuts, aluminum bearing inserts, aluminium adjustable hinge pin braces and a host of other tuning parts.
The cab-forward body moves aerodynamic pressure further forward on the car, which improves steering.
- Durable 4mm hard-anodized 7075 T-6 aluminum chassis
- Improved suspension geometry
- Reduced front driveshaft angle
- Ball bearing throttle and brake actuators
- Large-bearing spindles and hubs
- Revised chassis side guards
- Larger engine mount that reduces chassis flex
- 15? caster blocks with adjustable spindle height
- Aluminum shock caps with threaded bleeder holes
- Molded driveshaft and dog bone boots
- Aluminum shock towers with updated camber link and shock location holes
- Weight ballast-ready to meet ROAR minimum weight requirement
- Type: Buggy
- Scale: 1/8
- Length: 497mm
- Width: 308mm
- Height: 180mm
- Ground Clearance: 60mm
- Wheelbase: 323-327mm
- Weight: Varies on equipment used
- Chassis: 4mm, 7075 T-6 Aluminum, Hard Anodized
- Suspension: Independent
- Drivetrain: 4WD
- Wheel Size: 83.5mm
- Kit/RTR: Kit
- Shock Type: Aluminum Oil Filled
- Body: 8IGHT 4.0 Cab Forward, Unpainted
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 125cc
- Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
- Recommended Environment: Outdoor
- Is Assembly Required: Yes
Needed to Complete: